Bus Safety Tips
Students who are riding the bus need to remember these basic safety rules-
- Try to arrive at the bus stop 5 minutes early to avoid a late rush.
- Never play in the street while waiting for the bus, and always remain off of the road and on the sidewalk.
- Line up facing the school bus door, not along the side of the school bus. Carry your belongings in a backpack or book bag, so you are less likely to drop something.
- Never reach under a school bus to get anything that has rolled or fallen underneath.
- After getting off the school bus, move immediately onto the sidewalk, out of traffic.
- Wait for a signal from the bus driver before you cross the street.
- Walk at least 10 steps away from the front of the bus so that the bus driver can see you, and never cross the street behind the school bus.