2017-18 Kindergarten Registration
Dates have been set for the Wentzville School District’s kindergarten registration/screening process. This event is for all children who will turn five BEFORE August 1, 2017. If your child has not been screened at the Parents as Teachers office or his/her preschool this year, appointments are required and can be made by contacting the Parents as Teachers office at 327-3863, ext. 22281. Screening appointments are filled on a first come, first served basis. While every effort will be made to accommodate you at your child’s school, it is a possibility that you may have to have a screening at another elementary school in the district. With the new schools and the new elementary boundaries for the 2017-18 school year, your child’s completed records will ultimately be transferred to the school your child is slated to attend.
Registration/screening dates are as follows:
♦ Boone Trail, Tuesday, January 31, 2017
♦ Crossroads, Monday, February 13, 2017
♦ Discovery Ridge, Tuesday, February 7, 2017
♦ Duello, Thursday, February 9, 2017
♦ Green Tree, Thursday, February 16, 2017
♦ Heritage, Tuesday, January 24, 2017
♦ Lakeview, Thursday, February 2, 2017
♦ Peine Ridge, Thursday, January 26, 2017
♦ Prairie View, Thursday, February 23, 2017
The day of the screening/registration parents should bring:
- The child to be screened
- Two proofs of residency:
- Signed Lease Agreement (verify dates are valid), Closing Document for new home purchase (settlement statement), or most recent Real Estate Property Tax Statement; and
- Current utility bill, cable bill, official mail from federal or state agency, or most recent personal property tax paid receipt;
- Child’s most current immunization records (doctor’s records, doctor verified form, etc.);
- Official copy of child’s birth certificate (requested but not required);
- Parent’s driver’s license or photo identification (requested but not required);
- Parenting plan or custody agreement (if applicable);
- Documentation regarding legal guardianship (must be court ordered guardianship or limited guardianship, not power of attorney) or foster care placement (required if applicable).
If you do not have a Missouri birth certificate, you may obtain one at a cost of $15 from the St. Charles County Community Health/Environment-Vital Statistics Office, 1650 Boone’s Lick, St. Charles, MO 63301-2245, or by calling (636) 949-7400 for more information.
You may also visit them on the web at http://www.sccmo.org >Residents > Administration & Records > Vital Records > Obtain a Birth Certificate > How to Obtain Records > Application Process.